Monday, August 13, 2007

Finally Some Time To Read


Its been a long time since I actually cud get my hands on some good books to read. Not that I cudnt get, just that I got other things to do that I didnot find time to read. Call it laziness or anythin but then the good part is am goin to get bak to reading :)

Think my next target will be Atlas Shrugged if I get enuf time to read it. One problem is I got it as txt file so its kinda hard to read. And got 'Mein Kampf' which i wanted to read for a long time.

Seriously dono if I wil read either of these first or neither of these ;)

And while I was downloading some, I got one book named "The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations". Interesting one. Cos it had all the famous quotes - from Aristotle to Lincoln to our very own Gandhiji.

So then me off to read a book .. Perhaps to rediscover .. Nothin like the smell of old books !!

One quote as I sign off ..
"The world is divided into people who do things and people who get the credit. Try, if you can, to belong to the first class. There’s far less competition."

4 comments:

Vigneshwar said...

Hi sharath... its nice to see u blogging :) I too have heard about his atlas shrugged but never got a chance to read it. But i have read Romantic manifesto of Ayn rand. that was good.

P.S. Dont go by the name. Its not a book on romance :-)

Sharath said...

@vigneshwar

Nice to see ur blog too :) Romantic manifesto ? Will try to read it if i get a chance. Btw any other good books u recommend ???

Vigneshwar said...

Romantic manifesto... its not a story its a collection of articles.. i have the faintest idea about your interests. have u heard about this one ?? straight from the gut ?? its about the CEO of GE..

Sharath said...

@vigneshwar ..

u meant Jack Welch right .. Probably will try to see what it contains ..
About my interests - mostly fiction, non-fiction like ones written by Paulo Coelho, short stories. Mysteries, Thrillers, etc etc. and bit of love(rarely) . Ha ha .. :)